Sunday 6 February 2011

Inspiration on a winters day.

I've been busy clearing out my studio this week and it really needed it, its been a while! The good thing about sorting stuff out is that you come across all sorts of things that you had forgotten about. A few summers ago a friend of mine went to Morocco and gave me these wonderful photographs, just the sort of thing you want to find on a cold, gray winters day. 




What an interesting back view of these women, it makes me feel quite boring in my jumper and jeans!


Dye powders and print blocks at the market.



More things for colouring cloth.

These images are so uplifting, what I wouldn't do for a market like that! When you think of the quantities of dye stuff that we can purchase in this country, well need I say more.


I found I could say things with colour and shapes
that I couldn't say any other way.......
things I had no words for.
Georgia O Keeffe. Artist.

Photography Jane Eastwell

1 comment: