Friday 13 May 2011

So much fun.


My new poster, just thought I would show you, hope you think it does the job!


Well last Friday saw the last session of the contemporary bookmaking workshops, I can't believe it's passed so quickly, I have to say they were a great bunch. Teaching and learning is such fun when your working with creative, open minded folk eager to learn. A big Thanks to each and every one of them for making my job so pleasurable, and, all so generous and eager to share their knowledge with each other, an absolute delight.
They had all been gradually stretching there skills over the sessions so for the final one we decided to make three books in a box, quite a challenge in the limited time available, did they do it, of course they did. Brilliant! Now a confession from the teacher, I forgot to check that the batteries in my camera were charged, yep you got it they weren't so I can't actually show you much of the student work! However they have promised me that the will either bring it in or email me the pictures, so fingers crossed I can show you soon. Here's what I did get though.


All wrapped up.


The unwrapping.


The unfolding.


Three little books coming out to play.


Japanese stab binding.


Who could resist this handmade book it's just begging to be filled.

An idea that is developed and put into action
is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea.

Edward De Bono.

No comments: