Tuesday 29 March 2011

Midweek meander.

Today more work to inspire and inform. I'm really interested in the surface of cloth and mark making so these images are some that I have found that inspire me, hope you feel the same.


'Rain symphony' Detail.
 Artist Nadya Mousawi is an Iranian born artist, is this text or marks?
Rain symphony' detail.


Tattoo Cloth. Burma.
As far as I know this beautiful cloth is very old.

Tattoo Cloth, detail.


'Ceremony' Mickey of Ulldulla.
Such a lively image!

'Topologies' Anne Wilson.
See more of this great work at http://www.annewilsonartist.com/

Hope these images have given you food for thought.

I don't go into the studio with the idea of saying something.
What I do is face the blank canvas, put a few arbitrary marks
 on it that start me with some sort of dialogue.
Richard Diebenkom.


No comments: