Wednesday 6 April 2011

Midweek meander

This week I thought that I would show you the work of another favorite of mine artist Sara Fanelli. For those of you that have not come across her work, I think you are in for a treat.


Sara Fanelli is a book illustrator, designer and artist, she has designed children's books for Tate Modern, posters and postage stamps to name but a few. In 2006 she was awarded an honorary RDI (royal designer for industry) the first woman illustrator to receive this honour. I really enjoy her off beat sense of humour and quirky approach.

Pages from her book 'Dog Life'.


I have been collecting her books for a few years now but the early ones are becoming very expensive and harder to find, so if you like her work and come across one in a charity shop or other source, don't hesitate, just buy it.


Butterfly Aeroplane. From the book 'First Flight'.
Pinocchio.
Design for a UK stamp.


Images from 'Dear Diary'.




This is another great book that children (and me) really enjoy.
I hope that you have enjoyed the work as much as I have revisiting it, to see a larger view just click on the images. If you want to see more of her work or just to find out more about her visit her website www.sarafanelli.com

Humour is the instinct for taking pain playfully
Max Eastman.

No comments: