Monday 21 February 2011

Enjoyably random!

Hi again, well believe it or not its snowing here, the little signs of spring seem to have tricked me into thinking that winter was over but I should have known better! Well my workshop business has started and the first session is done and dusted. What I worried about I have no idea, as usual the students are a great bunch and the creative buzz was wonderful, so onwards and upwards the learning begins.

I'm not telling you it's going to be easy,
I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.

Guess that this must be my quote of the week.

I thought that I would show you some images of the storyteller embroidery that I stitched a while ago. I often use it when I work with children to get them to make up stories of their own, what story would you make up, how does it speak to you?








This storyteller was all hand stitched using simple stitches, mainly running stitch and couching, I wanted it to be strange, magical and fun to prompt the imagination into action. It was difficult to photograph but I hope that you enjoy the concept.

Gee's Bend quilt.


During the imperfect beauty workshop I was talking to the students about Boro, the imperfect beauty of world textiles in general and the quilts of Gee's Bend, for those who are interested and have not seen the  Gee's Bend quilts before here is the link, enjoy.

No comments: